Peter HästöPh.D. 2003, University of Helsinki
Professor of Mathematics, University of Turku
Curriculum vitae (PDF)
Wikipedia (in Finnish)
- I have recently studied mathematical problems related to non-standard growth, especially generalized Orlicz spaces and some double phase growth as well. See also Function spaces and differential equations (research group page).
- I also study mathematics education, in particular flexiblity. See also Nordic Network for Algebra Learning (network page).
- Conferences we organized
- Nonstandard growth phenomena 2017 (Turku)
- I teach courses in analysis and mathematics teacher education.
- Recent courses:
- 2020-2021: Sovellettu analyysi, Matematiikan demonstraatiokurssi
- 2019-2020: Matemaattinen ongelmanratkaisu ja ohjelmointi; Real Analysis 1&2
- Some course lecture notes and exercises can be accessed for free from the materials page (in Finnish).
- I am a member of the national Matriculation examination board and the chair of the mathematics section since 2014.
- I am also involved in the Joustavaan matematiikkaan continued professional development program.
- Our Joustavaan yhtälöratkaisu material and my pod-cast can be found on the flexibility page (in Finnish).
Office Quantum 363 (Turku); if the door is open then just step in.
Alternatively, you can use email at or the same @utu.fi.